February 20, 2013 2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT
In October 2013, public exchanges will come to most states for the first time, and will bring a new avenue of coverage for certain employee populations. Many employers will continue to offer group insurance in 2014 and beyond, yet may consider private exchanges or other arrangements that involve a defined contribution approach to health and welfare benefits.
Join us for an in-depth discussion on defined contribution and the factors that employers should weigh when considering the option.
Topics of discussion include:
- Reasons to consider defined contribution in response to health reform, and how it differs from the way traditional health plans are offered
- Employee populations that should be considered for defined contribution
- Product types that will be sold in private exchanges and other defined contribution arrangements
- The pros and cons of using a single defined contribution, and other options
- Benchmarking to stay competitive with employers that are not following the defined contribution approach
Shannon Demaree, Senior Vice President and Director of Actuarial Services, Lockton Companies
Don Garlitz, Executive Director, Exchange Solutions, bswift