John Prible, vice president of federal government affairs for the Big I, talks to EBA about industry concerns over the rocky ACA implementation, the associations efforts to reform the agent licensing process and other top 2014 priorities.
Americans are becoming less divided about the Affordable Care Act, as the gap between favorable and unfavorable views of the law has narrowed among both the general public and the uninsured, a new survey finds.
A new report card tracking health care price transparency finds that 45 states failed to offer essential information to consumers shopping in the U.S. health system, a significant step back since easier-to-understand public health solutions were to have become the norm in this post-Affordable Care Act world.
Voluntary benefit sales are enjoying rapid growth as employers prepare for the impact of the Affordable Care Act by revamping their medical plan designs to include more products such as accident and critical illness benefits.
A divided U.S. Supreme Court Tuesday debated whether companies can assert religious rights, hearing arguments in an ideological clash over the Affordable Care Act and rules that promote contraceptive coverage.
Through a new group annuity program, Towers Watson may have found a solution to retiree medical costs a burgeoning problem for employers. The option eliminates the financial risk from the table and limits the administrative burdens linked to the benefit.
Employers across the country may be expecting to offset higher health care costs through private health exchanges and boosting wellness offerings. However, HR leaders interviewed in a new PricewaterhouseCoopers report say that the push to private exchanges is being fueled by C-suite executives and not benefits professionals.
Nearly four years after the enactment of the Affordable Care Act more than half (53%) of Americans disapprove of the law but most of those opponents now say they want politicians to make the law work, according to a new Pew Research Center study.
Investment committee, benefit committee, annual meetings Do your clients know what their plan documents promise? Heres why they should.
Despite one-third of respondents not having health insurance, a new Gallup poll finds that approximately 66% of Americans are satisfied with the current health system as more expected changes from the Affordable Care Acts individual and employer mandate continue their rollout.
New research from the Commonwealth Fund suggests that small business owners should consider the Small Business Health Options Program as a means to navigate the choppy waters in this post-Affordable Care Act world through competitive choice.
As open enrollment for marketplaces on Healthcare.gov will conclude at the end of the month, federal health officials have nabbed NBA star LeBron James to shoot up a buzzer beater that will garner more attention from Americans in need of affordable health insurance.
Under the Department of Health and Human Services final rule issued March 5 on the reinsurance fee imposed under the Affordable Care Act, some employers may be exempt in 2015 or 2016. Is your client exempt?
Private industry employers spent, on average, $29.63 per hour worked for total employee compensation in December 2013, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Wednesday. Wages and salaries averaged $20.76 per hour worked and accounted for 70.1% of that cost, while benefits averaged $8.87 and accounted for the remaining 29.9%.
More and more employers are looking to wellness programs to help relieve the expected burden of the Affordable Care Acts excise tax on their high-cost plans. While 35% have already taken action to add or improve these supplemental programs, approximately 47% say they are considering this option, according to a new employer survey from Mercer.