12 most memorable interview blunders
1. Candidate brought a how to interview book with him to the interview.
2. Candidate asked, "What company is this again?
3. Candidate put the interviewer on hold during a phone interview. When she came back on the line, she told the interviewer that she had a date set up for Friday.
4. When a candidate interviewing for a security position wasnt hired on the spot, he painted graffiti on the building.
5. Candidate wore a Boy Scout uniform and never told interviewers why.
6. Candidate was arrested by federal authorities during the interview when a background check revealed the person had an outstanding warrant.
7. Candidate noted promptness as one of her strengths after showing up 10 minutes late.
8. On the way to the interview, the candidate passed, cut off and flipped his middle finger at the driver who happened to be the interviewer.
9. Candidate referred to himself in the third person.
10. Candidate took off his shoes during the interview.
11. Candidate asked for a sip of the interviewer's coffee.
12. Candidate told the interviewer she wasn't sure if the job offered was worth "starting the car for.
HR professionals have seen it all from job applicants from chewing gum to texting mid-interview. Hiring and HR managers shared their most unusual interview memories in a recent CareerBuilder survey of more than 3,000 employers. The candidates included here didnt make great first impressions, to put it mildly.