Monday, February 11, 2013
NAHU CERTIFICATION COURSE: VOLUNTARY/WORKSITE CERTIFICATION (ADDITIONAL FEE APPLIES)
Voluntary/worksite products are not new to the employee benefit industry. However, the surge of interest in these products has accelerated recently as employers seek ways to help attract and retain talent. The industry has responded swiftly with new products, new features, new enrollment technologies and many changes to the underwriting rules of these products.
This additional opportunity has created new responsibilities for agents, brokers and consultants as advising clients in this area will differentiate their value to the consumers they serve.
To address this evolving opportunity, NAHU has created a new Voluntary/Worksite Certification Course.
Completion of this course will ensure a strong technical knowledge of the rules and regulations pertaining to various types of voluntary/worksite products and proven methods for communicating those options to employers and employees in a compelling way.
This course will cover:
• How worksite benefits fulfill the core need of employers through:
- Elevated benefit knowledge
- Improved enrollment process and employer communication goals
- Attracting and retaining employees
• How worksite benefits fulfill the core need of employees through:
- Diverse benefit options
- Financial protection for the unexpected illness or injury
• How worksite benefits fulfill the core need of insurance agents and brokers through:
- Better persistency
- New revenue source
- New approach to group benefit sales